THE GAL BEHIND THE GLUE GUN
WHO IS JOY?
Most people see Filled With Joy and think, "Oh cute! Her name must be Joy." (insert countless messages to "Joy" here) Not quite, folks - my name is Jenn soooo...surprise!
Joy is actually our daughter, a sweet-n-sassy preschooler who is the baby of the family and an instant BFF to anyone who makes eye contact with her. I dreamed up the concept of Filled With Joy back in 2014 while we were knee-deep in the adoption process. We'd already picked out her name and a scripture verse to cling to while waiting and praying and hoping and waiting a little longer that God would eventually bring us together.
"The LORD has done great things for us, and we are FILLED WITH JOY!"
~ Psalm 126:3
So there you have it! Filled. With. Joy.
OKAY, SO WHO IS JENN?
I'm a Jesus-following, junk-food-loving, wine-drinking coffee addict, proud wife of Jason and adoring mother to Jacob and (duh) Joy (see above). My friends and family describe me as creative, slightly inappropriate, quirky, competitive, funny and a total Dory.
Yes, DORY, the animated fish with no short-term memory - because I can tell you which outfit I wore for 2nd Grade School Picture Day, but if you tell me your name right now I'll have to ask you again 30 seconds later.
A few other things you should know:
- I crank everything from classical to gangster rap.
- I practically live in jeans and a comfy t-shirt, but I'm not opposed to a night on the town in Manolos and a classic Kate Spade party dress.
- Friends, Gilmore Girls and Harry Potter are on constant rotation in my office.
- When I die, I want to be canonized as Patron Saint of Extra Toasty Cheez-Its. Seriously, come to my house right now. I think I have 3 boxes in the pantry.
- Joanna Gaines is my spirit animal.
- I believe in Santa Claus with all my heart, and I cry every year when he arrives at the end of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Ask me about the time I met him. It's pure Christmas Magic!
- I have a very specific method when it comes to assembling hamburgers.
- Andy's Frozen Custard is my kryptonite. Chocolate & Peanut Butter Concrete with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. You bring this to my front porch, and I will kiss you!
I’ve been married for 15 years to my College Sweetheart - He is my Hero (and my unpaid intern)! On weekends, you'll find us at baseball fields all over the country watching our boy chase his dream, and during the week I’m a professional juggler in a one-woman show: client orders, entertaining our Li'l Diva, house duties and chauffeuring to and from school/sports/dance/church... It’s a crazy busy life I lead, but I wouldn’t change it for the world!